World’s the Best Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
The Vanilla sponge cake is what you need to make your birthdays and anniversaries the memorable ones. What better if you can make the most delicious, tender, moist, and perfectly sweet cake by yourself?
Baking the perfect cake might not seem an easy task for most of us. It isn’t that easy either until you have some experience doing it. It’s not only the recipe that will make you capable of baking the perfect cake but the small little details.
Let’s make it easy for you to bake the perfect Vanilla cake with our attention to detail recipe.
Why Should You bake the Cake from Scratch?
Baking a cake from scratch gives you control over the following:
- The taste
- The number of calories
- The quantity of the ingredients
- The freshness of the contents. Etc.
The packaged mix available makes it faster and less cumbersome to bake the cake. However, baking from scratch can also be made easier and faster with a little bit of planning.
The most critical points of uncomplicating the process of baking a cake and experiencing the joy of baking are having the ingredients ready on hand and proper measurement of the contents. If you can take care of these two points, believe me baking your cake will be a piece of cake for you.
Best Practices for Baking the Perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake
Keep all your ingredients at room temperature – This helps in keeping the cake fluffy and smooth.
Don’t overmix the batter – Overmixing can make clumps of flour appear in your mix. Therefore, avoid mixing once your batter seems smooth.
Bake at low temperature – To keep the cake moist and avoid dryness, the cake must be baked at around 325 F.
My favourite Sponge Cake recipe
Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe
- Cake Flour – 1 ½ cups
- All-Purpose Flour – ¾ cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – ¾ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted Softened Butter – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2 Nos for eggless replace one egg with one teaspoon baking soda & one tablespoon vinegar
- Butter Milk – 2/3 cups can be substituted with sour cream
- Milk – ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Prepare 6” inch cake pans lining their bottom with parchment paper and also grease the sides.
- After that, Preheat the oven to 350F. Stir on low speed the cake flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt at low speed on a mixer.
- Add butter at low-medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Now add the eggs, one by one. After that, add the vanilla, milk & yogurt. Mix for 2-3 mins at medium speed to provide air
- Pour the batter on the pans equally and bake it for 30-40 mins or until the cake tester comes out cleanly or with some moist crumbs.
- Let it cool completely before filling and frosting.
Enjoy your Vanilla Sponge Cake.
Full Step by Step Video:
By Cooking See
3 egg yolk
3 egg whites
Cake flour 90g
Vegetable oil 30g
Vanilla Extract 2ml (can be omitted)
A cake so moist and so spongy can only be a reality in our dreams!
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Cake Recipe board.