The Best Moist Yellow Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
A moist yellow cake recipe is the one you need to make your celebrations unforgettable. There are a lot of box mixes available in the market but, that cannot match the tenderness, texture, taste, etc. of a cake that is prepared at home from scratch
This classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting makes it one of the best cakes with its characteristics like softness, buttery texture, and a bit of vanilla flavour. Also, it is not rocket science to bake this cake. It can be baked perfectly by naïve cook, too, by following simple steps that we will be talking about in this blog.
We are here to make your baking experience smoother and enjoyable.
Lindsey from Life, Love and Sugar has an amazing recipe with a step-by-step
Full step by Step Video:
Essential Tips to follow to make your moist yellow cake the best
Let the cake cool down completely before frosting.
Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature.
Try not to experiment with the size of the pan as it might require changed proportions of the ingredients.
Preheating the oven is necessary, make sure you do it.
Don’t forget to spray nonsticking cooking spray to the oven racks to avoid sticking of the cake.
Moist Yellow Cake
Ingredients for a Moist Yellow Cake
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – ¾ cup Can be substituted with oil, if required
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
- Eggs – 4 Nos
- Vanilla Extract – ½ teaspoon
- Milk – ¾ cup
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting
- Butter unsalted - 3/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder -1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 8 cups
- Whole or Low-fat milk - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 2 teaspoons
Directions to Prepare the Cake
- Start with Preheating the oven to 350F and greasing the pan. Also, line the bottom of the pans with waxed paper. The pans should be 8-9 inch round ones.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and the Butter, sugar in other using mixer at medium speed until it becomes a fluffy mixture. Beat in the eggs & vanilla in the fluffy mix until they get mixed properly.
- Add milk & flour mixture and beat the mixture till it becomes smooth. Pour the dough in the pan, dividing equally.
- Bake the cake until the toothpick inserted comes out I .e.a round 25-30 mins. Let the cake cool on the wire racks for about 10 minutes. Now, take the cake out and remove the waxed paper and let it cool completely before frosting.
How to Prepare the Frosting?
- Start with beating the butter and cocoa powder with the help of an electric mixer until it is smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and keep beating until appropriately mixed.
- Slowly start adding vanilla & milk and blend well.
- Add the remaining sugar and keep beating. If required, more milk can be added, one teaspoon at a time to maintain consistency.
Frosting your Yellow Cake
- Trim the top of your cake to make the surface uniform. Keep one cake layer on a plate and spread ½ cup of frosting over the layer. Top it with the remaining cake layer and start topping the sides and top with remaining frosting.
- Your cake is ready to serve. Enjoy your moist yellow cake, and keep visiting our website for more fantastic recipes.
Check out our awesome simple cassava cake recipe (Gluten-Free), healthy and tasty cake option for those who are gluten-free diet that you will not regret to try.
I hope you will love this easy moist recipe. Try this at home to make your day special. Don’t forget to visit our website for more recipes, and leave us a comment, sharing your thoughts and if you have. a different method would love to hear from you 🙂
You may also like 3 minutes ready mug chocolate cake recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Easy Cakes Recipe board.