GLUTEN FREE STRAWBERRY CAKE – SIMPLE & EASY TO MAKE RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
Get the chance to make the gluten-free strawberry cake with all essential tips and tricks. You can easily make it from scratch with sugary strawberries. Have some fresh strawberries to bake a delicious gluten-free cake.
Well, I have a lot of things on my to-make list. This gluten-free strawberry cake is also part of this list for so long. Many of my friends were looking for my new creativity with this seasonal strawberry and baking as I am used to doing. So after having done some experiments I have figured out the exact tips and directions to make this cake.
I have made it many times on various occasions. You can also try this simple and dripping cake easily to make your loved ones happy. I have mentioned all the steps here. I am sure that you will be making this heavenly pie with this easy-going recipe.
So, let’s try this gluten-free cake infused with strawberry flavor with a soft sponge and yummy frosting at home.
Why Do I Make A Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake?
The moist and fluffy cake is filled with creamy and sweet summery strawberry flavor. I could not resist buying the fresh strawberries to make a super delicious cake.
I have tried to make this recipe with a tender and soft taste. You may add the cream or the yogurt to make a layered sponge cake.
Cream cheese and buttercream frostings are perfect for the birthday cakes. Try some decorating hacks to make it more eye-catching and delightful as well.
Well, I suggest this is the perfect summer dessert because of the very easy recipe and simple ingredients. Make full use of seasonal strawberries in summer to add natural flavor in a cake.
Hence, serve this finger-licking cake to your guests with delicious strawberry essence this summer.
How will I Make The strawberry Infused Cake?
It was challenging for me to have an intense strawberry flavored cake without using artificial food flavor and color. Here, you will get to know how you will be adding the real strawberries in your gluten-free batter and bake it into a perfectly moist cake.
Strawberries’ Dense Puree:
Firstly, I thought to add the strawberry chunks in the batter directly. But this was not going well. Because I needed the strawberry zest evenly throughout the cake. And here I would have been getting it only when I had chunks.
So, to overcome this issue, I decided to make the strawberry puree with a good density. You can also use strawberry jams but what about a real one!
Now our challenge is to make the puree without having too much liquid in it. All you need is Fresh strawberries and food processors.
Mash the strawberries in a blender so that its sweetened juice is squeezed out. Now concentrate this juice on the stove. Let say, if you have one cup of the puree, heat it until the half cup is remaining. You need almost thirty minutes to get a thick and red strawberry puree.
- Tip: Let this puree cool down before using it in the batter. My suggestion is to put it in the refrigerator overnight for a good strawberry flavor punch.
GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY CAKE BATTER
Take any gluten-free flour like almond flour. You can also use gluten-free cornflour for this purpose. Mix all the dry ingredients. Whisk the baking powder in it evenly.
Now take the soft butter instead of melted one and add it in the dry ingredients. Now mix it well to have the sandy texture. This will give your cake the tender crumb.
Now mix the wet ingredients including eggs and puree to make a consistent batter. Mix the whole batter until it becomes fluffy. If you are worried about the chunks of soft butter, then take it easy. These will be melted soon during baking.
- Tip: During the preparation of the batter, I found the color is not lavish pink as the strawberry. So, I added beetroot powder to give it a natural strawberry tint.
Tips For Baking:
Get your baking pan ready by fixing a parchment paper in it. Grease this paper with little butter over it. Bake it for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. You can use a toothpick to test if it is baked wholly.
When your gluten-free strawberry cake will get ready, it will not stick to the bottom because of this greasy parchment paper.
Let the cake cool down after bringing it out of the oven. Rest it for at least 5 minutes then invert it onto a tray or rack to cool it more.
You can also check our complete guide on chocolate orange cake.
FROSTING IDEA FOR GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY CAKE
You can opt for different frostings for this mouthwatering cake. Go either for cream cheese frosting or for buttercream frosting. If you are in search of a lightweight icing, use chocolate whipped cream for icing your cake. Whipped cream will be fabulous between the layers of cake.
It is very easy to prepare buttercream topping. Use 1 to 2 tablespoon of strawberry puree in buttercream icing for delicious tang. This concentrated thick puree will be used as a replacement of heavy cream. You need only a few teaspoons in this way.
However, if you are using strawberry powder, then you may need heavy cream in excess to make the consistent frosting.
You may like to read our other recipes on:
- TOP 10 BEST LEMON BLUEBERRY CUPCAKES TO TRY IN 2020
- CRÈME DE MENTHE CAKE RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
- THE BEST YUMMY STRAWBERRY CAKE HOMEMADE RECIPE
- SPICE BUNDT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE CREAM CAKE
- BURNT ALMOND CAKE
- POUND CAKE RECIPE MOIST
RECIPE FOR GLUTEN FREE STRAWBERRY CAKE
You need the following components to make a strawberry puree.
- 300 grams 2 cups of fresh Strawberries
- 15 grams 1 tbs of ground sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
Collect the ingredients for a cake that is mentioned below.
- 2 cups of flour gluten-free
- 75 grams ½ cups of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¾ tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 + ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of sugar granulated
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk at room temperature
- ½ cup of soft butter
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of dense strawberry puree
- ¼ tsp of tartar cream
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting are the following.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 3 + ½ cups of sugar powdered
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Make a strawberry puree with fresh strawberries in a blender. Add lemon juice and pinch of salt in it. To maintain the sweetness, add the mentioned quantity of grounded sugar in it. Blend this mixture until you get a smooth puree.
- Boil the puree in a pan for 20 to 30 minutes on medium flame. Stir it infrequently while simmering. Let the puree mixture reduce to half. And make it cool it before using in the batter.
- Now prepare the oven for baking before mixing the ingredients. Preheat it at 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl properly.
- Now separate the egg yolks and whisk it with oil, buttermilk, puree, soft butter, and vanilla extract. Set it aside.
- Now whisk the egg whites with cream of tartar. Use an electric beater for a suitable fluffy and inflated egg whites.
- Mix all wet and dry ingredients thoroughly. Gently add the whipped egg whites and fold them with spatula gradually. Do not whisk it, otherwise, egg whites become deflated.
- Prepare the baking pan with parchment paper. Grease it well. Pour the batter in it and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. It will take 20 to 25 minutes to bake.
- After baking removes the cake pan from the oven. Let the cake cool down for a maximum of 25 minutes.
- While cooling, prepare the frosting of your desire. Place the cake on a turning table and decorate it with delicious toppings.
- Beat the cream cheese with butter, powder sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip it at medium speed until it becomes smooth
- Apply it n the top and between the layers of cake
- Decorate it with strawberry chunks on the top surface to make it eye-catching and luscious.
In this way, you need a total time of 1 hour and 37 minutes.
Do not rush. Read the whole recipe notes and tips. Gather all the required ingredients and hook up with the instructions mentioned here. Bake this scrumptious gluten-free strawberry cake for your birthday party or celebrate your evening with this cherished cake.