Crème de Menthe Cake Recipe You Can Make at Home
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
The crème de menthe cake has layers of minty whipped cream, chocolate fudge, and moist mint cake. The best recipe for your family, everyone will fall in love with this cake.
Well! This creme de menthe cake has nothing to do with St. Patrick’s Day or Ireland. Other than— it has a clean & simple cake design with green color. And, a lot of things that show green color qualifies as St. Patrick Day exhibition, don’t you think? I am thinking of expanding the recipe collection to involve food that is Irish in origin, for example, Cabbage, Corned Beef, Potato Soup, and Irish Soda Bread. Oh…. I just saw that it would be a complete menu, right there! But until this yummy cake only has to do!
For years, this cake has been in my life. When I was growing up, my mother used to make this dreamy cake, and it is always yummy. It is relatively easy to make and turns out great every time.
If I have time, I may try to create this cake from scratch someday. However, again, it is a perfect cake that it would be hard to make the same cake. Everyone likes this cake – it is a crowd-pleaser.
Why Crème de menthe cake?
The crème de menthe cake is among the mint desserts. The necessary ingredients include a mint liqueur, crème de menthe, whipped cream, a jar of fudge sauce, and a box of white cake mix. The liqueur, oil, water, and eggs are added to the mixture and placed in an oven in a 9 x 13 pan.
Topped with minty whipped cream and fudge, and you have the best dreamy ake here! You can use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip if it is not available. With this cake recipe, you can dazzle the mind fans in your life.
How to Make The Cake Recipe from scratch?
The recipe for this cake is ridiculously easy. Just keep reading, and I believe you will make a delicious mint cake.
- I love using Duncan Hones’ white cake mixture for this crème de menthe cake.
- For making a thick layer of chocolate, use an extra half jar of fudge sauce. The fudge sauce will not make a solid layer when frozen. Contrary, a homemade fudge sauce will work better.
- The mint topping is originally Cool Whip (8-ounce tub) flavored with crème de menthe.
- It will work, but I love the flavor of homemade whipped topping or homemade whipped cream, which I discussed in the recipe below.
- If you use food color, it will intensify the green color.
Crème de Menthe Cake Recipe
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 2 Whole Eggs
- Green food color optional: 2-3 drops
- Crème de menthe green mint liqueur: 3 tablespoons
- 1 Box White cake mix
- 1/3 cup Vegatable Oil
Ingredients for Toppings:
- 3 tbsp Crème de menthe
- 8 ounces Cream cheese:
- Powdered sifted sugar: 2/3 cup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 Jar Fudge topping
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and put it aside—Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using two eggs and removing three tbs of water, make the cake mix according to the instructions on the package. Start adding crème de menthe along with the addition of water. Put a few drops of green food color if you like a greener cake.
- Scrap the mixture into the pan and smooth the top after preparing the mixture. Place it in the oven and bake it for almost 30-40 minutes.
- When a toothpick inserted in the cake will come out clean, the cake is done. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread fudge sauce on the top carefully after the cake is cool.
- Whip the cream to the soft peaks. Take another large bowl, whip crème de menthe, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth and lightened. Stir in the whipped cream and add to the firm peaks.
- Before serving, chill for almost 4 hours.
- If desired, instead of a cake mix, use a homemade white cake made in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Add the crème de menthe to the batter.
- Total time: 58 minutes (prep time: 30 minutes and cook time: 28 minutes). This time does not include chilling and cooling times. This crème de menthe cake recipe can yield 20 servings (1 slice).
I hope you will love this recipe and try this at home to make your day special. Don’t forget to visit our index recipes page for more recipes.
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Fresh Cakes board.