Simple Cassava Cake (Gluten-Free)
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
The cassava cake, also known as manioc cake, is very traditional in Brazil and also in many Asian countries.
Because of that, it has several versions: creamy cassava cake, quick blender cassava cake, super flat manioc cake with coconut, cassava cake with condensed milk … there are several options and all delicious where you can choose from and make at home and please everyone.
Variations of the name cassava
For those who do not know, cassava is the same thing as manioc or, both are a root widely consumed in Brazil and also in many other Asian countries, used for various recipes, like the one that I will share with you today, that has a very special meaning for me since is a traditional family recipe what I learned from my grandmother, a woman who made amazing cakes!
If you have never eaten a cassava cake, but are eager to learn how to make it, you are in the right place!
How to make Cassava Cake steps
The steps to make this delicious cake are very simple, you don’t need to use a blender or mixer, it’s all done by hand, in an old-fashion approach.
Before you start the directions, an important piece of the information you must be aware of is that the simple cassava cake is not one of those fluffy cakes, actually is a very soft and flat cake that does not take yeast, and best of all is gluten-free cake.
- 500g of grated cassava
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar (270g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of coconut milk (200ml)
- 2 tablespoons butter (40g)
- In a bowl or bowl, place the eggs, sugar and butter;
- Mix everything very well, with the help of a wire whisk (fouet), until the mixture is homogeneous;
- Then add coconut milk and grated manioc;
- Mix well until it forms a homogeneous mass;
Cassava Cake Full Recipe
- 500 g of grated cassava
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar 270g
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of coconut milk 200ml
- 2 tablespoons butter 40g
- 1- In a bowl or bowl, place the eggs, sugar and butter;
- 2- Mix everything very well, with the help of a wire whisk (fouet), until the mixture is homogeneous;
- 3- Then add coconut milk and grated manioc;
- 4- Mix well until it forms a homogeneous mass.
- 5- Take to the oven pre-heat 356F
Love this recipe? You might like this!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, trust me this cake will become one of your favorites, just give a try. 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Gluten-Free Cake board.