BEST IDEAS FOR BABY BOY CAKES FOR BABY SHOWER
This post may contain affiliate links, which gives me a small percentage of the sale, at no cost to you.Please read Disclaimer for more information.
I’m here to share with you the easiest baby boy shower cakes for baby shower. With some basic tools, you can quickly create this onesie baby shower cake without any prior plans and special carving skills.
This onesie baby cake was just adorable to look and the soft vanilla sponge with smooth buttercream made its taste heavenly.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BABY BOY SHOWER CAKES?
I decided to make this Onesie baby boy shower cake at the last minute. As last month my soon-to-be mommy sister paid a surprise visit. I wanted to give her a baby shower at the very next day because she was here for a short stay.
Now I’m in no way a confectionary queen but I love baking and creating beautiful and yummy cakes is my favorite hobby.
My friends and family love my creations so every now and then I make cakes for them with different flavors and fillings. But making a baby boy shower cake was the first one.
I also enjoy making birthday cakes for kids. The whole process of choosing a favorite theme for the kid then creating cute figurines and colorful designs is just so magical.
So, my spirits were high and I jumped on the internet to try and find a cute yet tasty baby shower cake recipe.
My sister was also up for it and she wanted to partake in this process. There were several ideas that we liked. First the Vanilla white cake with ombre meringue buttercream. It was my personal favorite because I like simple yet modern look cakes. My sister on the other hand was looking for something cuter.
We almost settled on the rubber ducky cake that we came across. The cute ducky figurine and a moist chocolate cake were hard to ignore. Until we came across the onesie baby boy shower cake. My sister settles on it then and there.
She really liked this idea because the cake would match the onesies, she had bought for her baby. Plus, she prefers vanilla cakes anyway.
For me who actually has to make the cake, it was a perfect idea. I don’t have to fret about running an errand and finding appropriate tools for the cake.
Also, I could do anything with this simple yet amazing cake. I could make the sponge of chocolate flavor. I could have used different shades of color for the cake batter and made it into a gender reveal cake. There was a vast room for decoration ranging from sprinkles to designing it with fondant.
In the end, I was satisfied with my results. I made a vanilla sponge cake as per my sister’s liking and frost it with the smooth buttercream. For the decoration, I used sprinkles and Voila! The cake was ready.
My sister enjoyed making this cake with me and at the baby shower, it was a hit. That is why I’m sharing the recipe for this baby boy shower cake with you. You don’t have to be a cake expert for this.
All you would need is a rectangular pan, small knife, and a piping bag with a small round piping tip. For the ingredients, if you are not confident at baking sponge batter then go for the box cake mix of your preferred flavor.
In short, go wild with your imagination and decorate it the way you love. Enjoy making this cute baby boy shower cake for your loved ones. And if you are looking for something else then I have some more ideas on the baby shower cakes ideas down below.
TIPS & GUIDANCE ON ICING A CAKE
This onesie baby cake is although easy to make, but you might need some Icing tip so you can also make it look feast to the eyes.
- Make sure to first let the cake cool off. Leave the cake in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer it on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Hands down off-sett spatula is best for any kind of smooth icing. Try getting the narrow off-set spatula if you desire smooth and even surface frosting.
- In the summer use chilled buttercream for better application and to avoid any melting embarrassment later.
- Always crumb coat your cake first before applying a final coat. Apply the thin frosting and leave the cake in the refrigerator for at least a half-hour to chill. This will prevent crumbs to mix in your final icing application. Giving a glossy and even frosting at the end.
- After icing, you can use a piping bag to draw any shapes or letters. For easy application first, poke holes in the cake to make your desired sketch. if you don’t like the pattern, just smooth over the frosting with the spatula and try again.
- While frosting uses glass or any other container to keep your piping bag. It will avoid getting frosting on the counter and keep it mess-free.
- You can also lightly press cookie cutters on the cake and make shapes by simply piping over the imprint.
- In the end, don’t forget to chill your cake in the refrigerator for a significant amount of time.
MORE BABY SHOWER CAKE IDEAS
Searching for baby shower cake ideas has actually opened a new horizon of cakes for me. I have saved some ideas for the future so I can try tastier and pleasing cake recipes. For you guys here are some of my personal favorite ideas that you can try.
Vanilla White cake with Ombre Swiss Meringue Buttercream
I really dig Ombre themed cakes. They are light, fluffy, and look so chic. Making them perfect for celebrating baby boy showers.
This work of art has three different frosting layers blended together. And need only two layers of cakes. You can be creative and add multiple layers. This masterpiece will definitely be a showstopper at the baby boy shower.
3D Teddy Bear Cake
Cute, cuddly, and soft, I have always loved teddy bears in my childhood. I also love making a teddy bear cake and It can be a great choice for baby boy cake for baby showers.
You would need some regular and deep round cake molds and a straw in the middle for the support. Hands and feet are made from the cake dough (made with combining cake crumbs and buttercream frosting). For the fur use a medium-size Grass tip.
This cake would require some good carving skills but the results are worth trying. The cuddly teddy bear looks almost too cute to eat.
Rubber Ducky Baby Shower Cake
Who didn’t love rubber ducky as a kid? Then why not have a rubber ducky baby boy shower cake. I would have settled for this cute rubber ducky cake if not for the Onesie one that my sister adored. It is also easier and fun to make.
You can either make your own ducky with the fondant or just use the regular store-bought ducky. Make a round moist chocolate cake and use blue color for the frosting. As for the bubbles either pipe the cream frosting on the cake with a round nozzle or use store-bought, edible white pearls.
Jungle/Wild Safari Cake
This one is for those who love jungle theme cakes. I have made this cake for kids’ birthdays and I think it can go well for baby boy showers too. You can customize the cake as per your liking.
If you are creative and comfortable in using fondant then go on. You can experiment and make lions, monkeys, zebras, whatever you like. Just let your imagination do the work and create a magical cake for your loved ones.
- Rectangular pan (13” x 9”)
- Small knife
- Piping bag
- Small round piping tip
- Parchment paper
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 box 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- First, preheat the oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit. Then mix in the dry ingredients of the cake together and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer. Beat the butter for 30 seconds or until softened.
- Now add granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat again until light and fluffy. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Next beat in eggs one at a time. When mixed well, alternatively add flour and milk on medium-low speed until mixed. Don’t overbeat the batter.
- Grease and line the 13 x 9-inch baking pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Cool on the wire rack completely.
- Prepare the frosting by beating butter and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Then gradually add confectioners’ sugar. Beat well each time and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl frequently. In the end, add milk and beat until light and fluffy.
- Step 1: Trim the top of your cake and flip it onto a platter. From the middle of the short end of the cake, cut a half circle for the onesie’s neck hole. Then on the opposite side of the cake cut off the corners to make onesie’s leg holes. Make sure to cut it slightly curved
- Step 2: You can nibble on the neck cut-out or discard it. Save the leg cut-outs to make onesie’s sleeves. Trim the arched sides of the corner and place the cut edges against each side of the cake. The cuts corners should line up with the top edge of the cake. Onesie’s shape is ready for the frosting.
- Step 3: Ice the cake with buttercream, starting from the sides and spread on the top. With light and equal pressure coat the surface evenly with the buttercream. At the end, use a bright star or any sprinkles you like to cover the surface.
Until now we filled this blog with mouthwatering ingredients, interesting reasons to like it, Recipes, helping tips, and more things related to the preparation of baby boy shower cake recipes. If you know more interesting things about these cake recipes, let us know we will appreciate your reviews and it would be more than great for us.
You may like to read our other articles on:
- The BEST YUMMY STRAWBERRY CAKE HOMEMADE RECIPE
- SIMPLE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE RECIPE
- GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY CAKE EASY TO MAKE RECIPE
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to keep it close to you at any time, just save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Easy Cake Recipes board.